3.04.2010

A Redesign for Queen Katherine





While I was back home in Florida over Crimbo hols, I redesigned my lovely younger sister Kate's bedroom. Her personality is the total opposite of mine, so it was quite a challenge for me to appease her desires with my design sense. Still fun nonetheless.





Kate and I decided to go with an eclectic Antiques-Meet-Ikea motif, unified by a tomato soup, orange, and soft pink color harmony. The ornate gold and crystal accents of the antiques and the repeated b&w graphic patterns placed together add contrast and variety to the space.



It was a great family activity actually, I highly recommend this method of family bonding. All 6 of us took a 2 hr road trip to Ikea and helped paint the walls, all the while listening to the 500 Days of Summer soundtrack. Great memories.



Closet door handles - Anthropologie
Even the most minute details need attention :)



I custom designed and built the wall sculpture behind Kate's bed. Notice how the subtle scalloped pattern of the crystal beads is repeated in the glass of the antique pink lamp, and the shade of the gold lamp.

2 comments:

  1. so... you are the best sister ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wub it. And I wish I could afford an interior makeover. Or an interior..period. Hah. It reminds me of my jaxroom! The womb. Big big fan of bright wall colors.

    ReplyDelete